TPI Code of Practice
CJB Energy Services Ltd has signed up to the Third Party Intermediary TPI Code of Practice for micro businesses. The Code means that we have promised to stick to a set of guidelines designed to ensure that you get a high quality service that you can rely on.
Top 10 Points from the TPI Code of Practice
- Staff – We will run background checks on our staff and make sure they have regular training and assessments. They will also identify themselves and who they work for when you speak to them
- Clarity – We will be ‘honest, accurate and clear’, whether that’s our sales material, on the phone or face to face
- No pressure – We won’t use any high-pressure sales techniques or push you into making a decision that you are not comfortable with
- Annual Estimates – Before you sign a contract with us, we’ll give you an annual estimate based on up to date prices and we’ll explain how it was calculated and the main terms of the contract
- Letters of Authority – So that we can act on your behalf in our negotiations with energy suppliers, we will get you to sign a Letter of Authority; this will make it very clear what we are getting your permission to do.
- Your privacy – We are registered and adhere to the Data Protection Act and we’ll screen our customer data to make sure that they’re in line with the marketing consent lists like the Telephone Preference Service.
- Your Energy Contract – Before you sign a contract with an energy supplier, we’ll make sure you understand what you’re signing and the implications it has.
- Rejections – If the supplier you want to switch to rejects your application for any reason, we’ll let you know right away.
- Audits – We’ll be audited to make sure we’re sticking to the TPI Code of Practice at least once a year. If we don’t stick to the TPI Code of Practice we can be fine or suspended from selling certain products and tariffs.
- Complaints – We have a simple and effective system for handling complaints.
- Compliance – Any complaint that is unresolved within 7 days will be escalated to the Independent Code Manager